Wednesday, July 11, 2007

another day in our house

Well as days go in the house there is never a dull moment.... yesterday my oldest son who had saved his money was able to spend it finally. He and our friends went to magic mtn. But the day ended a little early for my son. He somehow managed to mangle his face with a rail in line of one of the rides. He took out two teeth with significant chips and then planted the newly mangled teeth into his bottom lip which was worthy of two stitches. So for day we will spend most of our day at the dentist in hopes to salvage his teeth. ..... Meanwhile my younger two who are five and nine. Missed out on their swim practice and since my nine year old was already sore from not being able to go to magic mtn,. now having to take care of his older brother; he let into one of those oscar worthy sagas of how unloved he is and how unfair this day has been and he might as well throw himself on the ground and get hurt so that he can have someone show him he is loved.....
Being a mom gives way to so many avenues of expertise that I never new exsisted.... Not to mention on top of all that being a wife before all the mommy parts too. How then do we not lose our heads during a day inlife of wife and mother....
I lift up my eyes to the hills-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of
heaven and earth.
Psalm121-1-2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

elizabeth,
thank you for sharing your vulnerabilites and your life with us. i know that your help comes from the Lord. as you draw near to Him, He will increase your love for Him and His process of purifying us. He loves you so. i am sorry about Lukas. i CAN imagine what a day that had to have been. thank you for serving your family and loving our Lord.
love,
dara