Friday, October 24, 2008

It's all in how you look at it.

So over the past few days I have spent time pondering over the
Oh so many things that make be happy.

Rereading the list I have already posted and thinking... hmm, what if I got all those things?
All the time.
Would they bring as much joy and happiness as they do now?
Maybe, probably ...I don't know...
I have so much of what I need everyday to survive not only in the physical perspective but in the emotional and spiritual aspect too.
I am free to eat when and where I want pretty much anytime of any day.
I can call, email, text, drive over to a friends house whenever I like.
I have access to over ten bibles just in my house alone. There are too many churches in the city I live in to count. All of which I can go to freely without harm.
The abundance to what you have is beyond what you need.
So is it wrong to make a list of the things that truly bring you joy?
No.
I think it has been helpful for me in keeping my perspective on the things that I need versus what I want.
And what I want is to bring honor and glory to my savior whom I love and have come to know that He delights in fulfilling my list not just for my birthday but for my life.

Proverbs30: 7-9
"Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die:
Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say,
"Who is the Lord?"
Or may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

No comments: