Thursday, September 20, 2007

Go make a splash!

When your day comes to an end and all is quiet in the house do you count it a successful day and simply close your eyes?
Or do you spend hours trying to take back the things that have been done or said.
I do both.
There are those days where I walk through each of the children's room and let out a sigh of relief that they are asleep and all went well.
Then there are the days when I feel I failed. At what I'm not sure, but just that the day seemed to have slipped away from what it could have been.
But I have to remind myself that what I may count as a successful day is not the same as what the Lord and even my kids count as successful.
The extra long back scratch, that favorite book read twice, a smile, the simplest of gestures from a heart that loves is success. Its not all the stuff we do its how we do it that makes the biggest splash in the lives of those we love and meet along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have I told you that your words inspire me? You write so beautifully and yet it is so easy to relate to. I hope our children soon understand the little things in life that are important and the things that God counts as successful. Thank you for you.