Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today is historical but then again so is everyday.

As we all sit somewhere this morning either watching or listening to the inauguration of the new President I cannot help but be extremely proud of this great nation we live in.
We may not all agree on whether the better party won this election, but I think and hope that without a shadow of doubt we can all agree that we are blessed beyond all measures.
We all are given free choice,free speech, and most importantly the freedom to worship without fear of persecution.
I know that I serve a mighty God and so with that I urge all of us who call ourselves christians to remember that we are under His authority and we are to pray for our leaders. (Hebrews13:17-18 )
Let yourself be known not by how you disagree but how you set yourself apart from the complainers, the mockers, the ones that speak without thinking that act without concern for the outcome.(Ecc.5:6)(Mt 12:36)
It is a free will that we all have been given.
What will you do with your free will?
How will you impact those around you ?
What will you do today to live justly, to love merciful and to walk humbly with and for your God?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will choose to support, pray and hope for the best- of our nation, our community and our hearts! Well said, thank you Ebeth!

Anonymous said...

yeah this is great mom, i enjoyed it a lot and agree that no matter who it is in charge that we need to be grateful and supportive.

LivingandLovingLife said...

You are right my wise friend. I was telling my Girls of Grace kids last night the same thing. Our president did not come to power when God turned His back. All things are under our Lord's control and we are called to honor God first by honoring those He has put in authority over us. A great reminder.
Love you my friend.