Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fifty Million times.

Ok so if I can verbally give my children a list of rules they need to follow. If I can print them out and post them on the bulletin board in the kitchen.
Which happens to be the most frequented place besides the bathroom.
And if I can repeat and re print and reiterate these said rules fifty million times .
Then why, Oh why is that it seems like only handful of those rules are ever followed a handful of those fifty million times.
So to my children whom I love so very dearly.
Mom has made a place for everything and everything has a place and guess what.....
THE FLOOR IS NOT THAT PLACE!!!!!
But I guess the same could be said of me, because just as I'm sure I will repeat myself today more times then I care to admit.
My Lord is always so faithful and loving to tenderly redirect me over and over and over and over again.
So today in my flesh I will seek to be slow to speak and hope to be quick in grace.
For the training of God's servant is a worthy cause that takes time.
Even fifty million times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lord is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. Psalm 103:8

Elizabeth, Psalm 115:14-15, have a great day.
Rob

LivingandLovingLife said...

It is SO true my friend. The gift of being a parent shows us a side to our Lord that is humbling beyond any words. Thank you for sharing your heart.