Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A trial is not just a trial

As of lately I have come to find great solace in the book of James 1:2-4
We are to consider it pure joy when we face trials of various kinds. Most of us would rather find an easy way to maturity in Christ because lets face it as life has it we have enough going on without having to face trials. But what if we didn't face the trials would we really be able to consider it pure joy ;things of this life that we go through daily. Maybe. But for me as a mother of four I have learned to welcome the trials because they lend themselves to opportunities to share the love of the Lord with my children. I am able to live out my faith. Sometimes are harder then others but all the while learning to consider it pure joy when I face trials of various kinds. I can't think of anything better. OK that's not all true I could think of things better but where would they get me how would they affect my family and would I really be any better off. Probably not, so for now I will go with what the Lord is revealing to me through His word and will go with the fact that three of the four kids that I have are in for serious trials right about now....because door slamming is just not OK... lol

No comments: