Monday, August 20, 2007

First day of everything

At some point in the weeks to come all of us who have school aged children will be sending them off again and some for the first time, to that wonderful institute called school. Last night we said goodbye to Leandra although she was just driving to Glendale to stay over with my mom. This morning she stepped out into the big world of college. Realizing that her days are forever different from this day to the next. We sat on my bed last night and she cried telling me "that this was harder then she realized, not being able to see her usual suspects(otherwise known as her friends)on a daily basis. I tried to comfort her and encourage her that although high school holds a great place(yet slightly demented) for all of us I shared that the years of kindergarten through senior year are formative for who she will become but now is where she will define who is she is going to be. I know that her footsteps through life will be held by what God has in store for her. Here's to you Tinkerbell 1Tim 4;12 Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
But as it goes in my house not all things happen just one at a time so for another first Luke went off to Jr. High this morning. He is our strong but truly sensitive guy so Jr. high will make or break him and I believe it will make him while it breaks me..... I never thought it but I got all choked up this morning as he drove off with his best friend. So has I can reflected and looked forward to what Leandra will share for her first day I write emphatically for therapy for how and what Luke's day will hold for him. I know without doubt and write with complete joy that God has been at work this summer with Luke because for the first time since kindergarten Luke was looking forward to starting school. The unknown which usually grips Luke with fear had him excited and slightly anxious for the first day. So here's to you "cool hand" Mt.5:16 In the same way , let your light shine before man, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven.
To all veterans and especially to all you first timers how then do we keep up the good fight for raising our children, letting them go, building their confidence yet keeping them grounded(and for some literally grounded)instilling what we all so hope is success for their futures, we call each other, we share stories for the newbies, we hold hands, maybe even cry but most importantly we pray and keep up the faith for our children. And if any of your households are like mine you always remember to laugh......

No comments: